Friday, August 12, 2011

Cozy Nap Mat for School

I'm so excited to share with you my most recent project! Up until this year, I have always homeschooled our children, but this year my husband and I have chosen to send them to a private Christian school. Along with this decision, we've had all sorts of adventures - including uniforms, school supplies... and the need for a nap mat for my son who's starting Kindergarten this year!

So, naturally, I saw "PROJECT" in my future! I know I could've just gone to the store and bought a KinderMat, but instead I just had to take the opportunity to make one! I did a little looking online and came across this great tutorial (which I tweaked a little) and... Ta-Da!!


I can't begin to tell you how excited he is about his new nap mat! And I love that I was able to create something special for him to take to school that's just from Mommy. Selfishly, I hope that he thinks of me every time he lays on it... but realistically, I know he'll be too busy trying to keep all the kids from taking actual naps... yes, my boy is that child.

I'd love to hear what you're working on in a comment below. Have you ever made a nap mat or do you have a really cool project (sewing or crafty) that you want to share?! Please leave me a comment!! I love to hear from you.

P.S. You can click on the images in this post to see more detail.

2 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Hi Steph! Welcome to blogging! I love the name of your blog!

This nap mat is darling! Have you ever thought about opening an etsy shop and selling your wares there? There would definitely be a market for something like this!

I'm your newest follower.

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Hi! Thanks for following. :) I have thought about starting an etsy shop, but have not had the time to get it started.